A Place to Post All that I Love

Friday, September 14, 2012

In Commemoration

Edelweiss Polymer Flower
Today my uncle passed away. I don't know how I feel. When I'm alone in my room I feel pretty good except for an empty spot inside of me, but when I try to talk with others I begin to cry. I loved my uncle, he was always the one to make you laugh, and his kindness and chivalry towards women was unsurpassed. I was always in awe of how he treated his dear wife Karen. Don't get me wrong he always had a sarcastic remark or two to make, but his heart ran deep with love for his sweet family. I loved my uncle too with all my heart even if I didn't get to see him as much as i would have liked. I will remember him.

Edelweiss Ring
This flower is for him and for all who have loved ones beyond the grave. It is the edelweiss flower from Austria. If your remember the "Sound of Music" the song says: "blossom of snow may you bloom and grow, bloom and grow forever." to me this song represents the legacy of those who have passed on, as long as we are here to remember them, their legacy will bloom and grow forever. The white of the flower represents the hope of how they will continue to live on in us.

Edelweiss Polymer Flower
On the back this flower reads:

In loving memory. His legacy shall be the life of his kids and the memories of his family. May his family and memory forever bloom and grow.

This flower is not for sale on my shop but can be made by special order for those who wish to commemorate loved ones.

After writing this post I realize what I'm feeling is heartbreak. I'll miss you Doug.

This post is in loving memory of my uncle.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment